Why are we taking this course?
? Oregon law requires Park Managers to take a continuing education course.
? We will discuss ways to make higher profits for our parks.
? We will learn ways to provide better service to homeowners.
? You will discover the legal pitfalls and how to avoid them.
? The program will improve the image of mobile and manufactured housing.
What topics does the course include?
• Oregon landlord/tenant law.
• Federal Fair Housing law and discrimination.
• Current issues in manufactured housing, such as park closure and utilities.
• Problems every Park Manager encounters.
• Discussion of rental agreements, leases, park rules and policy statements.
• A time for general discussion about common concerns.
What if a Park Manager does not take the class?
The amended law gives the Oregon Housing and Community Services Department the power to assess a civil penalty of $1,000 against a park owner who has not made a good faith effort to comply by having the manager attend a qualified class.
How much is the tuition for the OPMA class, and where will it be offered?
Tuition is $150 for one person. The class has been offered in Coos Bay, Eugene, Albany, White City (Medford area), Klamath Falls, Roseburg, Beaverton, Gresham, Pendleton, Ontario, Bend and Salem.